I used to love it as a kid when my parents would take me to the forest preserves near our home outside of Chicago. We would spend the whole day bike riding, picnicking and being immersed in nature and I relished this time with my family. In Fire and Gold I wanted to recreate those warm memories, choosing reds and yellows of autumn to heighten those happy feelings and using energetic strokes with my paint reminiscent of a carefree, simpler time.
Posts Tagged ‘fall art red’
August 9th, 2010
“Fire and Gold” ©2010 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 36″ x 48″
The Good Art Company Gallery
218 West Main St.
Follow me on my Blog
- “Dancing in the Breeze” Palette Knife Floral Painting by Niki Gulley
- “Petal Poetry” New Roses Palette Knife Painting by Niki Gulley
- Texas Hill Country Bluebonnet Oil Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- “Embrace” textured birch oil painting by Niki Gulley
- “Natural Textures” Abstracted Aspen Tree palette knife painting by Niki Gulley
- Contemporary Birch Tree Palette Knife Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- “Diagonal Shadows” – New White Rock Lake Painting by Niki Gulley
- New Tuscany Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
Subscribe to my Feed
You can get all my blog entries delivered to your email.
no images were found