I used to love it as a kid when my parents would take me to the forest preserves near our home outside of Chicago. We would spend the whole day bike riding, picnicking and being immersed in nature and I relished this time with my family. In Fire and Gold I wanted to recreate those warm memories, choosing reds and yellows of autumn to heighten those happy feelings and using energetic strokes with my paint reminiscent of a carefree, simpler time.
Posts Tagged ‘fall art red’
August 9th, 2010
“Fire and Gold” ©2010 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 36″ x 48″
The Good Art Company Gallery
218 West Main St.
Follow me on my Blog
- SOLD – “What Dreams Are Made Of” Print on Canvas by Niki Gulley
- New “Field of Sunshine III” Palette Knife Sunflower and Poppy Field Painting by Niki Gulley
- New “Following the Leader” Palette Knife Koi Fish Painting by Niki Gulley
- New “Bridge to Yesterday” Palette Knife Oil Painting by Niki Gulley
- New “Along the Shoreline” by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- New “Oak Alley” Palette Knife Painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley
- New “Marching into Autumn II” Palette Knife Aspen Tree Painting by Niki Gulley
- New “Soaring Dreams II” Oil Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
Subscribe to my Feed
You can get all my blog entries delivered to your email.
no images were found