I used to love it as a kid when my parents would take me to the forest preserves near our home outside of Chicago. We would spend the whole day bike riding, picnicking and being immersed in nature and I relished this time with my family. In Fire and Gold I wanted to recreate those warm memories, choosing reds and yellows of autumn to heighten those happy feelings and using energetic strokes with my paint reminiscent of a carefree, simpler time.
Posts Tagged ‘fall art red’
August 9th, 2010
“Fire and Gold” ©2010 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 36″ x 48″
The Good Art Company Gallery
218 West Main St.
Follow me on my Blog
- Venice Art Trek with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
- “Hill Country Retreat” Texas Bluebonnet oil painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- “Heightened Awareness” Palette Knife Aspen Tree Painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley
- “Aqua Dreams” Palette Knife Aspen Tree Oil Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- New Spring Aspen Tree Painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley
- “Natural Textures” Abstracted Aspen Tree palette knife painting by Niki Gulley
- Just Sold Palette Knife Sunflower oil painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- New Sunflower Field palette knife oil painting by Niki Gulley
Subscribe to my Feed
You can get all my blog entries delivered to your email.
Get the Flash Player to see the slideshow.