I used to love it as a kid when my parents would take me to the forest preserves near our home outside of Chicago. We would spend the whole day bike riding, picnicking and being immersed in nature and I relished this time with my family. In Fire and Gold I wanted to recreate those warm memories, choosing reds and yellows of autumn to heighten those happy feelings and using energetic strokes with my paint reminiscent of a carefree, simpler time.
Posts Tagged ‘fall art red’
August 9th, 2010
“Fire and Gold” ©2010 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 36″ x 48″
The Good Art Company Gallery
218 West Main St.
Dutch Art Gallery
“No Where but Texas”
5th annual Artists of Texas juried show
10233 E. Northwest Hwy, #420
Dallas, TX 75238
Artist Reception: Nov. 2nd • 11am – 6pm
American Fine Art Gallery
Follow me on my Blog
- New “Echo in Time” Palette Knife Painting by Niki Gulley
- New “Resolute” Palette Knife Oil Painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley
- New Santa Fe Palette Knife Oil Painting by Niki Gulley
- “Survival Instinct” New Palette Knife Oil Painting by Niki Gulley
- “Sheer Determination” New Textured Oil Painting by Niki Gulley
- New “Make a Wish” Palette Knife Autumn Aspen Tree Painting by Niki Gulley
- New Aspen Trunks Palette Knife Oil Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- New “Living on the Edge” Palette Knife Aspen Tree Painting
Subscribe to my Feed
You can get all my blog entries delivered to your email.
Get the Flash Player to see the slideshow.