I used to love it as a kid when my parents would take me to the forest preserves near our home outside of Chicago. We would spend the whole day bike riding, picnicking and being immersed in nature and I relished this time with my family. In Fire and Gold I wanted to recreate those warm memories, choosing reds and yellows of autumn to heighten those happy feelings and using energetic strokes with my paint reminiscent of a carefree, simpler time.
Posts Tagged ‘fall art red’
August 9th, 2010
“Fire and Gold” ©2010 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 36″ x 48″
The Good Art Company Gallery
218 West Main St.
Follow me on my Blog
- A Day in Florence with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams, Tuscany Art Trek 2014
- Day 5, Tuscany Art Trek with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
- Visiting Siena Italy with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams on their Tuscany Art Trek
- Day 3, Tuscany Art Trek with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
- Visiting Montepulciano and Tuscan Wineries with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
- Day 1, Tuscany Art Trek with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
- New Colorado Aspen Tree Oil Painting by Niki Gulley
- New Autumn Aspen Trees Palette Knife Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
Subscribe to my Feed
You can get all my blog entries delivered to your email.
no images were found