I used to love it as a kid when my parents would take me to the forest preserves near our home outside of Chicago. We would spend the whole day bike riding, picnicking and being immersed in nature and I relished this time with my family. In Fire and Gold I wanted to recreate those warm memories, choosing reds and yellows of autumn to heighten those happy feelings and using energetic strokes with my paint reminiscent of a carefree, simpler time.
Posts Tagged ‘fall art red’
August 9th, 2010
“Fire and Gold” ©2010 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 36″ x 48″
Follow me on my Blog
- Day 1, Paris Art Trek with Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
- “October Blaze” Textured Birch Trees Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- 12×12 Palette Knife Floral Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- New Tuscany Sunflower Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- New Poppy Palette Knife Painting, “Ruby Delights,” by Texas Artist Niki Gulley
- New Palette Knife Poppy Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley
- “Heightened Awareness” Palette Knife Aspen Tree Painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley
Subscribe to my Feed
You can get all my blog entries delivered to your email.
no images were found