I used to love it as a kid when my parents would take me to the forest preserves near our home outside of Chicago. We would spend the whole day bike riding, picnicking and being immersed in nature and I relished this time with my family. In Fire and Gold I wanted to recreate those warm memories, choosing reds and yellows of autumn to heighten those happy feelings and using energetic strokes with my paint reminiscent of a carefree, simpler time.
Posts Tagged ‘fall art red’
August 9th, 2010
“Fire and Gold” ©2010 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 36″ x 48″
The Good Art Company Gallery
218 West Main St.
Follow me on my Blog
- New “Autumn Cascades” Palette Knife Aspen Painting by Niki Gulley
- New “Fall Jamboree” Palette Knife Aspen Tree Painting by Niki Gulley
- New “Sunny Delights” Palette Knife Sunflower Painting by Niki Gulley
- “Texas Impressions III” New Bluebonnet oil painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley
- “Texas Impressions II” New Bluebonnet oil painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley
- Watercolor Home Portrait by Texas Artist Niki Gulley
- SOLD – “Texas Impressions” Bluebonnet oil painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley
- New “Old Soul” White Rock Lake Live Oak Tree Painting by Niki Gulley
Subscribe to my Feed
You can get all my blog entries delivered to your email.
no images were found